Wednesday, January 20, 2010

About Kuni wa Kun Team

My name is Mai Noman, I'm publisher and editor-in-chief of a youth magazine, YoO magazine. I'm proud to be a member of this passionate youth initiative. Getting this team together has been one of the most inspiring experiences for us. Just to see and meet these brilliant, enthusiastic young yemenis who are all for change to the better, inspires hope in me. To all the team of hard working volunteers I say "let's do it"!!!

*****
I'm Areej Al-Eryani, majored in business administration n minored in entrpreneurship. For me, this campaign is an opportunity to introduce the ideas of us, youth, and to support women in our culture. Like the others, I would like to make a difference and hope for change in society. I am sure that the outcome of this campaign will be great n we will all be proud of the work and effort that will be done.

*****
I'm Afrah Nasser, Social editor at Yemen Observer newspaper. This campaign means a lot to me. It's a way for me to bring a change into the society. (good change of course :) ) I always wanted to make a difference and this is an amazing chance to be part of an enlightenment movement and I'm really excited about it.

*****
I'm Zulfa Al-Sharafi. Graduated from the Faculty of Education English Dept.
I see this campaign both as a challenge and an opportunity to make a positive influence towards a better future for the Yemen that we all love. Like Afrah, i wanted to make a difference and to contribute even if just a little in the change i want to see in my beloved society.

*****
انا أمل الأشطل، مواليد 1985 و خريجة الجامعة الأمريكية في الشارقة. تمثل مشاركتي في حملة "كوني و كن" فرصة لأن "أكون" محرك تغيير و تأثير ايجابي لمستقبل أفضل في مجتمعي...كما انه يصعب ايجاد متعة تفوق العمل مع الاشخاص الرائعين في الفريق :) ....

*****
I'm Haifa Shamsan, Executive Secretary in DNO.
I believe by joining "Kuni wa Kun" Campaign, youth are given the chance to present the coming generation & what are their perspectives.It is also a challenge for us as Yemenies to show a positive image of Yemen.

*****
I am Ibrahim Nasher and I define myself as a liminal guy (liminality is the condition of being on a threshold or amid and between space). My 'in-betweeness' is a reflection of my Western education and my orthodox Yemeni upbringing. That said, I am an alumnus of the American University in Cairo, with a degree in Anthropology and Psychology. I dream of establishing a cultural center which can be a platform to all the young Yemenis in order to share energy, knowledge and passion. My one and only inspiration is a Yemenite woman goes by the name of 'Ofra Haza'. Kuni wa kun for me is the first step in breaking down barriers of gender, age and inequality in Yemen.

*****
My name is Najla Wasfi and I'm a Napier University graduate. By being part of "kuni wa kun" campaign I can now imagine a new chapter for us as youth and a better future for the coming generations.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck girlzzzz !
    waiting to hear from the rest of the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ibrahim ... Ofra Haza had the same effect on me, what a bizarre coincidence. She’s a Yemeni woman that has proven herself in the most miraculous way that no one could imagine. When people ask what influenced me to come down to you Yemen? One of the reasons would be seduction to the songs of Ofra Haza. Her voice and songs are libraries that hold all of the emotions and sufferings of the Yemeni People throughout all of history!

    I support you guys on your goals! Count me in.

    ReplyDelete